The brilliant artistic trio of the Iron Sleet launched an invitational. It began the 1st of February and as usual I´m late. I decided to join (even without an invitation). I´m a big admirer of their work and I share the same darker vision of the 40k universal. It´s an opportunity for all hobbyists to be creative and, for me, to create my own blog and my first post ! I hope it shows how high I consider my Nordic (and North American) cousins !!
Here are the rules :
Iron Sleet Invitational 1 – All your Bases Are Belong To Us
- pick a strong theme that studies the Warhammer 40000 universe, or it’s history!
- build and convert 3 models that are
- each based on a differently sized citadel base that have been creatively enhanced to really tell the narrative and make it a group. (25, 32, 40, 50, 60mm… or biker base, or flyer or…)
- we encourage to make the three individuals as different in physique, stature, movement, category as possible, while maintaining the group identity.
- start and announce of invitational February 1st
- WIP pictures in Black and White from all contestants March 1st. (but many bloggers intend to share their progress as they go, including us!)
- Final results of finished miniatures April 1st
Iron Sleet is the triumvirate of Kari, Mikko and Migsula that I followed on their previous websites Spiky Rat Pack and Legion of plastic. Just click it for an overdose of awesomeness!!